Digital Europe Fund (Digital Europe Programme) (DEP)
The Digital Europe Program (DEP)
It is part of the European Union's Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) 2021-2027 (APROX. Investment of 7,6 billion euros), as a financial support tool aimed at boosting the digital transformation of society, the economy and public administrations of its Member States (MS), as well as the Program Partner Countries.
It is focused on developing strategic digital capabilities and facilitating the broad deployment of digital technologies and their applications. In strategic terms, it is aligned with the European Commission's vision for the Digital Decade and therefore contributes to meeting the digital targets for 2030.
DEP aims to accelerate economic recovery and drive digital transformation in Europe. It will seek to strengthen the Member States (MS) of the Union with investments in five areas of work, which are:
- Supercomputing and data processing capabilities.
- Core Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities, such as secure data spaces and AI algorithm libraries.
- Improved use of digital skills in EU society and economy.
- Supporting the digitization of businesses and public administrations.
Actions of interest to SGSICS
Allows financing of projects, provided there is budget left overActions of interest to SGSICS
Digital Europe Program Projects
Allows to finance projects, provided there is budget leftDEP Fund Projects
During the first years, the Digital Europe Program will be implemented through the following Programs:
The General Work Programme DIGITAL Europe Work Programme 2021-2022 will apply to all actions, except those implemented by other specific programs such as those cited below.
Specific Programs Published in 2021-2022:
For the European Digital Innovation Hubs (EDIH), implementation will be through the European Digital Innovation Hubs Work Programme 2021-2023.
For Cybersecurity Actions, implementation will be through the Cybersecurity Work Programme 2021-2022.
CSP Fund Regulations
It is regulated by Regulation (EU) 2021/694 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2021 establishing the Digital Europe Program and repealing Decision (EU) 2015/2240, with application from January 1, 2021, and sets the scenario for the implementation of the DIGITAL program during the Financial Framework 2021-2027.
Proposals and General Eligibility Conditions
How to submit proposals:
- CSP Proposal Form to be completed:
- It consists of two parts: administrative and technical description. To be completed by the consortium and submitted by a representative via the Funding and Tenders Portal.
- Maximum length of the proposal: 70 pages in total, of which a maximum of 50 pages is allowed as technical description.
- Deadline and calendar relevant dates, detailed within the CALL publication where the Action is included.
- Eligibility criteria under the Program will be set forth in the work programs and specifically detailed within the CALL publication where the Action is included.
- CSA (Coordination and Support Actions), will be funded at 100%.
- SIMPLE GRANT actions will be co-financed at 50%.
- INDUSTRY (Enterprise) support actions at 50%, and SME (small and medium Enterprise) at 75%.
- SINGLE ENTITY PROCUREMENT actions at 100%.
- JOINT PROCUREMENT actions, to be determined in the call for proposals.